01 February, 2007

Between the beautiful moon and the moon faced girl


You and I in our lonely sojourns
I look from my corner and the cold floor
You from your vantage point among the clouds.
I am a child again
as you hide beneath your gossamer veil and I peep from
behind my fingers.
We are the lonely seekers
As we prowl through the lonely nights.
I gladly let you look through my secrets,
Maybe the blemish on your face will shine a shade darker now.
And when you pour your love on me
And I see you framed against the rusty roshandaan
I know you will be there.
We are women in spirit
As we live through our cycles
For when you will be complete and full
I will bleed away which time and again
in anticipation rises in my womb.
From the days beneath the guava tree
To this night on a chilly Delhi night
You have been faithful though I have been vagrant.

No comments: