28 May, 2006

Tonight, all people who form my world will be calling me. I will be completing another year of my being tomorrow. From the time, I stepped into class I with the consciousness that school from now on would be an ascending order of numbers, till today, when I feel sixteen at heart, and bogged down due to parents who worry that the golden years are slipping by, its like a mad rush of a movie reel having come free from the holds of the circular steel.

I once wanted to be like Dorian Gray. Preserve my youth, my childhood, the carefree days, stop my mom from growing more white hair and let the ride from home to school and then home to college go on and on. I miss the simple wanting of a 12 year old who wanted nothing but to throw a party. I miss the spring in my step when I turned sixteen. I miss the easy camaraderie with people, the innocence typical of young age, the too much trusting teenager and the effortlessness of believing that the world is a stage and I will deliver a flawless performance.

What would I give to wake up in the morning and see the room a rainbow of streamers and my sis running around. There is a lump in my throat, and unlike all those years gone by, this time I will let a silent tear trickle down.

1 comment:

aklanta said...

Sorry Pi,
I was neck dip in work and...failed to check your blog on time and wish you...however a belated happy birth day...hope the year added to your life will bring some more challanges and also energy and ability to face them...