16 May, 2006

Natural Colours

Have u ever stood under a Jamun tree? The ground beneath will be stained purple and there are chances that you will end, chaaro khane chit. Like all the simple pleasures of life watching the changing hues of plants, trees, etc. etc. is priceless. Was it Wordsworth or Frost or who..?

….For oft when on my couch I lie,
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye,
Which is the bliss of solitude.
And then my hear with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

Amidst the heat, dust storms, ice creams and mangoes, I failed to notice till now that amaltas is in full bloom. Yellow blossoms are every where. May Day has gone and Mother Mary has been crowned with the first blossoms of the season. I am not sure what yellow signifies but so much of yellow in the open is so damn soothing when you are standing at a bus stop sweating and maintaining a, I don’t care look at the leering bystanders. And here and there will be the red gulmohar like a sprinkling of chilli powder (it is reminding me of pizza now)

It seems nature has its shades of mood. It preserves a particular colour for every season. Soon there will be purple flowers all over. I had gone to a park and watching my friend play. There was a lone tree with a full purple head (now this seems weird to me too). As its small flowers fell now and then I fell in love with purple flowers and that remains unchanged till now.

When summer is at its peak and everyone is pakkoed of rains (provided they do come) there will the flaming bougain villeas to rouse you. Even Madame Nature is high on life then. Of course I cannot miss the green. It is best to see its true colours after it rains. It is like a new birth. The image it brings to my mind is of a small puppy, completely drenched and shaking itself.

And before you know there will be brown all over. Drying, withering and falling leaves… My order may be wrong but the colours are right out there. It is a circle of colours. Every one to teach you something new, to reflect your moods and to tell you to stop, take a deep breath and begin again. Don’t miss them. And before you think to pluck a flower, think that every thing looks good where it belongs.

No comments: