22 May, 2006

Just Like That

My initial enthusiasm to write has as usual gone away. I have plenty of things running in my mind but I don’t know if that’s what I want to put on my blog. It sounds nice, my blog! It is no mean achievement yet the sound of my……. is satisfying. Like it is my baby!!!!

In all these days I have stayed away from home, I, Me and Mine have been the way of life. In the end it is I and I in this home away from home. My first bus journey in Delhi was hilarious. I and my friend decided to explore Connaught Place and funnily the first landmark we looked for was the American Centre. By the time (after badgering all the people in the bus) we figured out to get down at Janpath, it started pouring. The road was flooded, there was a jam, we were drenched and our umbrellas were unmanageable.

The situation was cruel and we were lost. We got our first taste of Dilli autowallahs when we paid forty bucks till the British Library. The rains had stopped but we were no where near our goal. We ended up taking a membership of the library which we never went back to (there security checks are unending). As we wandered around the place, there was the American Centre across the road. It is stupid in hindsight but I value its stupidity. To try making a metaphor, the city took us for a ride, tested us and then embraced us.

3 comments:

aklanta said...

Well said,

There are so many firsts like this that we will preserve in our memory...bring them out when ever we get a passionate ear for

Perhaps blog gives us that platform...only those who have the patience to read about you will be coming back

I just can't explain the pleasure I get when someone reads my posts, irrespective of their stence

totaramkiaaatma said...

Summerhill!

Its so like you to appreciate everything I do. U finally read it. Aho Bhagya!

totaramkiaaatma said...

On the walk

Its true. And your blog is worth coming back to. Keep walking.