The other day someone visiting my room asked me why was Che and Einstien’s poster pasted side by side. Why, that I who dissociated from any thing left of the centre do something like this. I had no answer. I am not a leftist and I don’t believe in taking up the cudgels on any issue. I have never been an activist in my life. The first and the last demonstration I participated in was the one against Bush during Iraq war II organized in Delhi.
For me the two posters adorning my door were not a part of any intellectual design. May be just saying, that this is what I am exposed to. Frankly I pasted them coz they seemed gelling into the numerous pics on my doors. It was for the very reason that I love collecting ganesha miniatures without giving them the respect that the God’s framed photo in my mom’s pooja room gets.
Lately I stumbled upon another conflicting issue. The last issue of Frontline was on water woes in India. Believe me since then I have been squirming as I see people waste water. While having a conversation with few friends who are the corporate types, I was constantly told that I have an emotional perspective. Yes it may be so if I look at it as a money making commodity. However is it easy to give up on issues like the Narmada, Bhopal gas tragedy, coke factories down south, when u r the victim and not the one minting money.
I can take a side and I have. I dread every time I buy a bottle of water. When I was 16, my mom would always tell me not to waste money on bottled water and force me to carry a water bottle or tap water. But as I see the tap dry at even eight in the morning and see maruti vans carrying hundreds of 4 liter and above water containers, I can’t help but think that one day the biggest spending in my monthly ration would be on water. We had a geography teacher in college who used to tell us to not waste more than 5 mugs of water when shitting. Back then it was a joke, now I may be seriously thinking about it.
Time to fill up the buckets!!!!!!!!!
14 May, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for dropping in my blog and for saying you liked my posts...after reading your posts I am feeling, I will be waiting for more of them...keep walking...
Post a Comment