12 May, 2006

Choices

Just like that.....I am thinking today about the choices we make every day. Today I met some old friends. They have moved on in life. Atleast from where I see so it seems. They have gone different ways. One is blissfully maried, the other sweating it out in the big bad world. Since I have still not arrived at such a crossroad where I have to make a path braking choice, it just scares me. Today I am thinking more about how heaven and hell are our own making. Insignificant details of our lives spell out the choices we make. When I crib about a situation I am in, though I know itis not me but providence which pre decided that I am going to suffer it, do I really could have avoided it. It is important to make mistakes, to be rash and to be lazy and be wild. We have to pay for every move we make.

Yet choices about careers, relationships, about how time is spent, what we say and to whom we say are just extensions of choices. This is a vague vague spelling out of that uneasy feeling in my heart. I am just bothered that what I have chosen to follow and do, will it take me forward or in retrospect the most foolish thing I ever did. Even Frost must have not put so much thought when he chose road A and not B but who am I to say that. If he had not taken the road less travelled, I would not be remembering him.

So now I choose to rest my brains and end my tthought session.

No comments: